Ode to Red Room.

Here I am, in my red-painted room. With dark wood furnishings and white accessories. On my plushie queen-sized, red-covered, 4-pillowed-with-1-bolster bed. White Roman blinds blocking most of the sun out when it's a sunny day. Lotsa fantasy novels arranged, and mythical merchandise i've collected. My heart-shaped earrings' board hung on the wall next to sky-element towel/hanger hooks. Pictures of me through my years from a fat baby to the geeky teenager that i was to the awkward, self-proclaimed gracious woman that I have become.

I may have not grown up here but this room, the farthest room on the left on this house, in Kota Damansara Section 5, is the only room where I felt as if it were my sanctuary. As though my whole life begins here. The place where I go most and spend my time just hanging out practically doing nothing. Well, I do lots of things actually. Like singing and dancing crazily in front of the mirror to blasting music from my old radio. Spend hours on the bed clicking and tapping on the also red, sleek Dell mini laptop or the, then, huge ass, black 'hak kerajaan Malaysia' HP laptop. The times I've sobbed silently, cried my heart out till my voice was hoarse, laughed loudly, giggled giddily, and stayed awake and laid still just to hear my heartbeat in my ear, feel it against my chest and rocking my body ever so slightly with each pump of those strong cardiac muscles in this room of mine.

The sleepovers I've had with friends and loved ones. we could share a bed with 5 people, or I'll be on the big bed alone while the other sleeps on the floor next to me. The dress ups, study sessions or gossip times were endless. I can tell that guests love this room too. I'm proud to be the owner of this special room. However, nothing lasts forever as one would expect because in a few day's time, all of it will be nothing but a memory. One that remains etched in my heart and brain forever. Like permanent marker. I'll miss you, Mr Room. I have pictures of you. Even if i don't, I can still remember it as vividly as though I still have it somewhere in an imagination room. Every corner, cracks, nook and crannies. All of it won't be forgotten. I will accept the fate of letting go. But only the room as an empty shell as I will make my next room just as homey and comfortable as this sanctuary. I'll pour my memories into the next one. I promise. I know it's too soon but an early farewell speech. Thank you, Room.


xoxo
Eli

p/s: Edward is coming to town. This trip will be the last trip where i can spend quality time with him in my room before I move on to Seremban and be his housemate. =S I can't wait to see you Sweetheart.

1 Response to "Ode to Red Room."

  1. Anonymous Says:
    12:38 AM

    Awww i'll miss that red room of yours. Where all the bad things were done, also the good ones lah.