Dreams.

Ah. I have always indulged myself in fantasies and daydreaming.
Pixies and Fairies, Wings and Magic Dust.
Wands and Potions, Elves and Dwarves.

I would listen to appropriate songs to get myself in the mood.
While reading books and imagine how each detailed event is progressing.
This is not a delusion nor is it a hallucination.
This is just a fragment of my mind that longs to have all the worldly desires and happiness that we create fictional characters to fulfill it.

I am very well aware of the reality hence this would go too far as to clinically call me a loony.
No, that is not the case.
But at times, the mind can play tricks on you if ur stressed, emotionally unstable, and tired.
So I'm going to recall a story that happened to me early this morning at about 4am.

I was hungry. I was trying to study and watch a cartoon at the same time. So naturally my tummy got the better of me and rumbled like crazy. I was thinking of going down to the kitchen and make myself some nice.... KOKO KRUNCH CEREAL MEAL!!!! With milk of course. The house was already dark and i was already swaying because of my sleepiness. (mind you, i slept for less than four hours - 8am to 12pm) I crossed the upstairs hall to get to the other side of the house, where the kitchen is. Minding my own business, i went slowly in order to prevent myself from tripping at the stairs. I stood at the doorway of my kitchen and waited for my eyes to get adjusted to the darkness. In the fraction of a nanomilisecond where my hand outstretches to switch the kitchen light on, i saw a dark figure about a knee's height that zoomed across the other doorway to the wet kitchen. if you can imagine, The first WOODEN door to enter the dry kitchen, and about 8m after that, a GLASS sliding door to enter the wet kitchen. I saw the figure zoom from the right side to the left. It was all so sudden that i was taken aback. I switched on the lights and just stood there staring at the now empty spot. There was no way i would investigate. Nor had i have the guts to call anybody. I just stood there. Recalling was i saw. The fraction of the time was like a playback on repeat mode. The hair on the back of my neck stood and my heartbeat was really strong that it hurt. My heart rate wasnt fast, asthough i ran a marathon, it was just a slight increase but the throbbing was massive! I back tracked my steps to see if my movements caused some reflection to the glass door but there wasnt any. Not at that height. I was afraid to me bones that i walked quickly to the other side of the living room and up the other flight of stairs. Halfway there, the sound of my uncle's loud grunt/snore - who was sleeping in the small room downstairs - made me jump. With my appetite and drowsiness gone, I jumped on my bed and recited the ayat Qursi 3 times.

In the morning, I assumed that it was a stray cat. But all my windows are closed. If it was Megan my cat, she has a bell around her neck. Any quick movement like that would've caused a tinkling sound. I'm out of shock now. But it remains a mystery.

What do you think?

1 Response to "Dreams."

  1. Fiza-K says:
    1:10 AM

    Adik, you know that our house has a little ghost. especially Daddy's side of the house. Remember when you and Nia were by the stairs, she asked, who was behind you when there were nobody else around you.